By Peace Udugba -The daily torch
Peller, a popular TikTok creator, has addressed the controversy surrounding his alleged unauthorised visit to the palace of Oba Ewuare II, as well as a N395 million lawsuit filed against him. He claimed he acted on his manager’s instructions and had no intention of breaching palace protocol.
Speaking during a recent livestream, Peller maintained that he was not directly responsible for the incidents, insisting on his innocence.
The controversy began on March 6, 2026, when the content creator visited the Benin Palace, sparking outrage from the Benin Traditional Council. The council condemned his actions, describing them as a breach of protocol and a desecration of sacred grounds.
According to the council, Peller and his team allegedly gained access to the palace without proper authorisation. The incident reportedly led to disciplinary actions, including the suspension of a chief, the arrest and prosecution of a palace staff member, and possible sanctions against a queen featured in related content.
The council has since summoned Peller to appear before its committee and submit a written apology, warning that legal action may follow if he fails to comply.
Responding to the allegations, Peller stated that he was unaware of any protocol violations and was simply following instructions.
“My manager asked me to go to the Oba of Benin’s palace. I didn’t know about any protocols. I greeted everyone respectfully. My hands are clean,” he said.
In a separate development, Peller is also facing a N395 million lawsuit filed by a Lagos resident, Osarobo Odigie, over an alleged incident at a lounge in Lekki.
In a pre-action notice issued through her lawyers, Odigie accused him of defamation, cyber harassment, invasion of privacy, and emotional distress, alleging that he recorded and shared a video of a confrontation without her consent.
She is seeking N200 million in damages for defamation, N100 million for emotional trauma, N75 million for cyberbullying, and N20 million to cover legal expenses.
Reacting to the lawsuit, Peller admitted he lacks the financial capacity to meet the demands and appealed for leniency, noting that he had previously issued an apology.
“I don’t have that kind of money. It feels like people want me to go broke. I’m begging; I’m just a young person who needs guidance,” he said.
